Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Chocolat!

I was driving back home tonight n i was feeling damn damn hungry. Checked my bag to find if Ma had put anything to eat in it.. N I found something which brought an instant smile! It was my favorite Finnish mist chocolate Karl Fazer Marianne! Yeah!

Quickly I ate a couple of pieces. When I had to halt at the red light, I told myself that no one can now stop me from finishing it before I reach home! But then I saw something. A street urchin.. a girl child.. maybe 5 yrs old.. was askin for money, from the driver of the car before me.. N suddenly out of impulse, I honked n called her.. Gave her my chocolate.. She cudn't recognize the unfamiliar wrapper, so I had to tell her.. "Chocolate hai ye!!" She heard me n asked... "Chocolate?????? Sachchi???" N when I nodded, I saw perhaps one of the most happiest smile! She grinned ear to ear, started jumping n tellin her friends that she got a "Chocolate!!!"

Suddenly I realized that the car behind me has started honking as the signal turned green.. I slowly pulled over, watching the girl disappear in my rear view mirror, still happy with her conquest.. I hope she liked it and enjoyed it!

There are some things money can't buy, but then... there are many which it can!

1 comment:

मीत..... said...

I am shocked how this post of yours doesn't have a comment!!
There are moments that makes us believe in humanity, makes us proud of ourselves throughout our life. This was one such moment. Excellent read, lucky you to have seized that moment. :)