Thursday, December 18, 2008

Go IIFT Go!



I have just returned from class. Perhaps for the last time. Its a mixed feeling. Its been 1.5 yrs since I last I first attended a class here @ IIFT. The day I heard Symms struggle with the words. I knew it from the word go its gonna be gruelling. N if you ask me now, I'll say it was an understatement.

As I gear up to leave this place, it feels strange. I mean.. it feels as if last 2 yrs have disappeared at a frantic pace. I was doing so much in so little time, that I never bothered to see how things were changing. Juggling between assignments, project reports, presentation, classes, quizes, home, V, I just spent running around. It was pretty difficult, if you ask me. Now finally that I have gotten some spare time, I notice that so much has changed! Some of my very good friends have already gotten married, one of my best friend is getting married next week, some have left India, some have come back from abroad.

All of you who ever had any interaction with me beyong a hi-hello, would know how much I disliked the place. The small campus, the snrs, the number of subjects, the people n so on.. But now, m not so sure. I have had the biggest disappointments here in people, but I have also met a few amazing people! And in the end, when you are leaving a place, it doesn't look all that bad, howsoever bad it may have looked to you all this while.

Perhaps, every last brings a new first. My last lecture made my miss my class for the first time. My last ppt made me miss my first ppt. I had rehearsed in front of the mirror! My last group assignment reminded me of our initial group discussions! We would keep negotiating for hours, fight as if our lives depended on it. Times that were, times I hated, times I just couldn't wait for to get over! N now that they are over, am not ecstatic!

Life still amuses me!

3 comments:

Oriole said...

Earlier I thought it would be like a deja vu for u having said goodbye to NSIT and Aricent :) ...
But that feeling doesn't change.. Does it my friend... No matter to whom we say good bye, last moments do take us in a flash back when every thing was new and we were novice...
Cant help it with that feeling but cant help relishing the last moments too...:)

Nishant said...

Actually yaar, I mean I just forgot to mention.. sumhow i was missing DCE more than IIFT ;)

Kinshu said...

So finally you acknowledge you met some amazing people out here.
Good on you!

Great read :)