Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Am high..

Living in exile home looks like a distant dream,
No boat in sight, I look at the running stream.
One day, maybe one day I'll wander far enough to find a bridge,
One day, maybe one day in this desert I'll spot a ridge.

Life, as we know it. Love, as we want it.
In all their forms, hidden or shown.
In all their shades, bright and dull.
In all their expressions, subtle and loud.

I loved, and I lost, but at least the cycle is now complete.
I haven't lost faith, but love somehow looks now obsolete.
I know not what I write, for i have no sight,
I know not how I look, but i know i have a blight.

For now am high on love, on lust, on the unspoken assurances, on the broken promises.
I survive on the unshed tears, on the infectious smiles.
I mourn the future that will never be, on the past that will never be the future, I mourn the destiny deleted.
Am intoxicated with that longing and long for that longing itself.

Jo khatam hoke bhi na khatam ho, ye kaisa anjaam hai..
Jo padh ke hum samajh hi na payen, ye kaisa paigham hai.
Dhundte rahe hum unhe har chehre mein barson,
Jisse ek akhir baar milne ki arzoo thi, unki yaad ko ye akhri salaam hai.


5 comments:

Kinshu said...

m quite moved. and i dunno why.
its a beautiful work.

in spite of all the sadness of your words, there is a triumph hidden somewhere. a triumph which u'd rather not celebrate. very well written

Anonymous said...

I wanna die! Die die die die! Bitch the world the world is a bitch! Bitch bitch bitch!

Shekhar said...

wow...i mean very well expressed...
n now to comment on this stuff looks like a big task for me...whatever i write is gonna sound so stupid..but dude....u can really play with words!!!!

Garima Sharma said...

Very well articulated thoughts buddy. You do have a knack of creating magic with words! Keep up the good work and don't give up on love so easily, at least not yet! :)

Rakesh Kumar said...

I mourn the future that will never be, on the past that will never be the future, I mourn the destiny deleted.

I am impressed by your expressions
which are touching the heart.