Monday, March 24, 2008

Another Adieu

So its time to leave a place again. Helsinki that is. A home away from home. A place I would have never come to live ever on my own had it not been for student exchange. But I just loved these three months. Though I kept on cribbing for not having good food, for cleaning the apptt on my own, for doing my laundry etc etc, but I can safely say it was amazing.
I still remember my first impressions of the city... "Where has the whole civilization disappeared???" Yeah, the streets looked deserted and the city was getting back to normal after the new year's vacation. Though situation didn't change much and i got really accustomed to not seeing many people around. N then it was great... the people, the place... even the cold weather! I also actually realized what it was to be Indian! How are we different and what makes us what we are. I know people who hate stereotyping, but a great deal of it is true.

The best part was... knowing myself... Staying away for everyone who mattered, I really learnt a lot about myself... What I like, what i don't. Whom do I like, whom I don't. What i can do without and what I can't. etc etc... It was a self-revelation of sorts. Going out of the comfort zone n all..

I guess I'll keep this post short, as I need to goto bed and wake up to return to my home... India!

No comments: